Wednesday 7 November 2018

Reading

Today we are going to write about something  I like.
It has been hard to choose because I am often reading more than one thing at the time.  I read the newspaper, academic papers, stuff on meditation, the brain, essays, my students' blogs, about health etc. 
I started reading about the brain some years back when I studied language acquisition and education = learning processes. I have to say I have read quite a bit about the brain and personality and it nevere ceases to amaze me.
However, at the moment I am not reading about the brain. I am reading two books. One is called "the book of strange new things" by Michel Faber. This is a science fiction novel which is interesting and set in the future on a devastated earth and a far planet with alliens. It is about  how this human couple live apart while she is expecting a baby on earth and how he deals with alliens being a religious priest on this far planet.
Another book I am reading is one called "Gut "The inside story of of our body's most unde- rated organ" by doctor Guilia Enders. This is an interesting book since it refers to processes that happen in our body and how what we eat and how we prepare food can affect from the movement of our bowels to the weight we have and how we emotionally feel. .It also has some really interesting illustrations and drawings that attempt to describe processes which happen in our stomach or intestines. 

Write about something you are reading at the moment.
Say
What it is called
Which genre it is ( novel, academic, manga, report, blog, etc)
Whether you are enjoying it
What it is about
Write a minimum of 200 words and 3 comments

Include anything else you find relevant.

7 comments:

  1. I'm really interested in science fiction, I will consider reading the first book you mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second book seems to be very interesting for me, I've never expect that food can be relate with our emotions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, Im actually really afraid of aliens, and for my this would be an horror book hahaha but sound really interesting, Im going to take a look of it!!!
    PS: off course the best texts ever are the students blogs! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you have liked to study something related to biology?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A book about guts. I feel scaryfied but it sound interesting too :s

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think is really important to know how our minds work. I liked biology at my school but it wasn't my favorite subject.

    ReplyDelete